Sunday, December 1, 2013

Web 2.0 Test Kitchen

One of my goals while I'm home on child care leave with my son is to expand my repertoire as a French teacher. I find web 2.0 activities to be fun, funny, fascinating, and generationally relevant ways of playing with a new language. Project based learning is fully compatible with web 2.0, and there are both large and small activities that can be made using tech, from a French-speaking avatar on Voki to a digital story on VoiceThread.

I recently came across the wiki of Toni Theissen who presented at an AATF conference and who generously published her materials and presentations on her own wiki: tonitheissen.wikispaces.com. She has a fantastic PowerPoint from her 2013 AATF presentation called "Activating Communication" that lists applications that will get your students communicating in the interpersonal, presentational and interpretive modes. I will go through the list and make/share a model of each one she mentions, along with my thoughts on each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment